Elder Joseph Eads

Elder Joseph Eads

Monday, July 20, 2015

All Most A Quarter of my Mission Completed!

This past week has been exciting as always. I have never worked harder in my life and the scary thing is I am going to have to work even harder than Ii am now in the future. Every minute of the day there is always something that I am supposed to be doing, There is never "free-time" or "relaxing" time in our schedule. For example, in our missionary schedule we are allotted an hour for lunch and an hour for dinner. If we happen to finish early, we are expected to begin missionary work again. This concept as missionaries call diligence. This word is used A LOT. We are told always to ask ourselves, "How can we be more diligent in our work?". Diligent missionaries see miracles on a daily basis. Elder Gehrig and I always try to talk to everyone that is put in our path. As a result, we are able to meet many people each week. We know the more people we contact on the street, the more people we will have to teach, the more people we have to teach leads to more people accepting what we have to offer- the gospel of Jesus Christ. 

In other news, this past Thursday was our zones temple P-Day. After attending the temple in Seoul, the four of us elders decided to go to 강남 (Ghangnam sp?). This city is the same exact city that is mentioned in the very famous song "Ghangnam Style". This city is HUGE. It reminds me so much of New York City. Thousands of taxis and buses on the streets. Extremely tall buildings and very expensive stores. One store in particular that we went to was the Nike store. Before we went I was told that there was a mini-basketball court inside. Needless to say I was more than a little excited to go there because I haven't played a game of basketball in about 2 months :(. As soon as we walked in, anybody could tell that only rich people could afford to shop there. Every item was right off the market and displayed beautifully and the prices were through the roof! One pair of socks was 30,000 won.(About $40,.00 US) Crazy! But as you all know, i did not go there to shop. I went there to play basketball . The small court they had was all I needed. I was able to try out different kinds/ types of basketballs. While I was playing a group of teenage Koreans saw me. I invited them to come over. When they came I spun the ball on my finger and then transferred the spinning ball to each of their fingers. For each of them the ball fell off after a few seconds but they were so excited and happy because of it. 

I absolutely love Korea and its people. I am extremely thankful to be where I am today. Thank you for all of your support! Till next time!!

Elder Eads






Stand a little taller...





No comments:

Post a Comment