Elder Joseph Eads

Elder Joseph Eads

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Another p-day trip to the zoo...no email but excerpts from some snail mail letters.


The following are from some handwritten snail mail Elder Eads has written recently, I am sorry I do not know how to change or type words in Korean yet to help with the following paragraphs.

One interesting translation in Korean is the word (Korean letters) which means "to repent" it is also the thing that I say when talking about my major at BYU-Hawaii, Accounting.  I take the route of the word (Korean Letters)=accounting (Korean letters)=the act of doing something) So sometimes missionaries get confused when I say my major is (Korean letters) accounting, because they first think repentance which really is defined as "reconciliation for sin." First time I learned that I chuckled.

Ward members always get a kick out of my nickname out here.  My name is (Korean letters) which is "Eads Elder".  My nickname is (Korean Letters) "0/" means two and (Korean Letters means meter so directly translated it means "Two Meter Elder" which is very accurate because at 6'7" tall I am just over two meters.  Every Korean gets a kick out of it.











No comments:

Post a Comment