Elder Joseph Eads

Elder Joseph Eads

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Elder Eads Korea Bound

Anyeonghaseyo Everyone!!!!

This Monday I leave for Seoul South, South Korea at 3:45 a.m.. My flight time will be 16 hours. I cannot be more excited. My MTC experience has been amazing. Last Sunday I was released at zone leader and my departing interview happened with my Branch President, President Allen Perriton (The legend). In that interview I was able to reflect on my time here at the missionary training center and realized how far I've come. I've become functional in a language that is completely different from English in many ways, grown spiritually and most importantly learned how to truly have a Christ-like love for everyone that I come into contact with. 

The MTC is not just a place for missionaries to learn a language; it a place to allow all missionaries to grow and visualize a potential they never thought they had. This place is tough. 10+ hours in the same classroom learning a difficult language and trying not to go any more crazier than i already am. The MTC also gives me an opportunity to teach real people. As mentioned before my companion and I have been teaching Yunhwa every Friday. This girl is absolutely amazing. I have come to know and love this person so much and it only grows each time we meet. She knows very little English and we know very little Korean however we are still able to communicate on such a personal level that I never thought could be possible. 

Tomorrow will be that last time we will see her and that fact just makes me so sad. I have been given an opportunity to see people how God see His people. Only through pure loving eyes only recognizing the good can that be accomplished. Its amazing the feelings i have personally felt here. 

In the Book of Mormon in the book of Moroni chapter 7:41-48 describes what I want to accomplish on my mission. 

I wish I could thank each of you individually for the specific impact you have had in my life. Every single one of you have done something good for me. Thank you for your influence and support. 

The last thing I will leave you with is something that i have done a lot of while being here that i wish i didn't. I would judge myself so harshly and constantly think that im not good enough to do this. Than I was asked to look at myself on how God looks at you. God will always love you like I know He loves Yunhwa. There are many things that I do not understand about life and even my church. but the things that i do know is that we have a Heavenly Father who cares for us so much that He will test us. And we have a Savior- Jesus Christ who died for each of us. Please start to look at yourself as God looks at you. He and His son are the definition of love and that is exactly how he looks at each and everyone of you. 

I love you all!

Elder Eads


Eating squid jerky. Apparently something that is eaten a lot

 I got my flight itinerary to Seoul, South Korea!  I was very excited!

This is Sister Yunwha. She is our investigator that we have been teaching every friday 



Two of my teachers who also served in KoreaApparently the church likes send tall people to Korea.

No comments:

Post a Comment