Elder Joseph Eads

Elder Joseph Eads

Monday, August 24, 2015

Happy Birthday Mom!

Mom note:  I am a bit behind in posting Elder Eads' letters this is from August 17th:


Hello family and friends!


As always it was another busy week here in Korea. Last P-day was a mission-wide cleanup day where every missionary devoted all of P-day to cleaning. Luckily I have always made it a goal of mine to keep the house that I am staying in very clean therefore we were able to clean the not-so obvious places around the apartment. I was always given the cleaning tasks that involved high reaching places as i am sure you all know why.

As far as missionary work goes, Saturday we have a total of four appointments scheduled one with a member present!...unfortunately every single one of them canceled. That's never happened to me before but its not uncommon from what I have been told. Nonetheless I continue to love the people with my full heart.

Yesterday the ward wanted the missionaries to sing a musical number in sacrament meeting. As a district we chose to sing 'Abide with me Tis' Even Tide'. I sang the first verse as a solo and we all joined in for the rest of the piece. I thought it went very well considering we only had time to practice the day before. Sometimes that is just how the mission life goes.

Two P-days ago, while everybody else went to "Ashley's" (a ten dollar buffet) Elder Gehrig and I hiked the near-by mountain where I lost over 2 kilograms. I don't know how but I did. A lot of it was from sweat for sure.

My Mom's birthday is August 18, I just want to wish her a very happy birthday and let her know and letter and package is on the way and that I love her very much!  Happy Birthday Mom!

Love,
Elder Eads






No comments:

Post a Comment